Dealing with Anti-Social Behaviour
We believe that everyone has the right to the quiet enjoyment of their home and that nobody should have to experience any actions from others which would be regarded as unacceptable behaviour.
If you have a problem with anti-social behaviour (ASB) in your neighbourhood there are a number of ways you can report this to us – by visiting your housing office, sending us a letter, by using our online reporting form or by telephone.
- Use our online form here : Report anti-social behaviour online
- If you are experiencing problems during office hours please ring 01905 342600
- If you are experiencing problems outside of office hours (5pm – 9am),
please ring 0845 604 1453
- Visit our office or write to us at Nexus Housing, Apex 2, Apex Park, Wainwright Road, Worcester WR4 9FN
- If you witness a crime being committed, please call the police immediately or
call Crimestoppers on 0845 113 5000
Getting involved early is vital when seeking long-term solutions to anti-social behaviour. So the earlier we know about a problem the better our chances of dealing with it. In most cases, we can deal with the problem in the early stages. For example, by encouraging neighbours, where appropriate, to talk to each other, or by simply making the person aware that their behaviour is affecting other people. However, where individuals continue to break the rules or do not comply with their tenancy conditions, we can take a range of action, including ABC’s, injunctions, ASBO’s, demotion and as a last resort, eviction.
We recognise that we cannot deal with anti-social behaviour alone. We work closely with others to tackle the problem including the Police, Worcestershire Local Authorities, Community Safety Partnerships and local support agencies.
If you are worried about anti-social behaviour you can call us anytime.
- 01905 342600 during normal office hours or
- 0845 604 1453 at weekends and out of office hours.
Further information on how we tackle ASB issues can be found in our resident’s handbook, home owners guide or by downloading our service leaflet and policy below.